Adopt a New Pet
Adopt your new friend for life! Each adoption includes the pet's spay or neuter surgery, microchip, first round of vaccines, a general dewormer and 30 days of free pet health insurance!
- Dogs and puppies: $100
- Cats and kittens: $75
- Rabbits: $50
- Small pets: $10
Adopting a New Pet
PCAPS receives hundreds of wonderful dogs and cats, puppies and kittens, and small companion animals like rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, and guinea pigs who are all waiting for a new home. You can adopt one of these great animals by just following these simple steps:
- Visit the shelter between noon and 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday to see the pets available for adoption.
- When you see an animal you're interested in, a staff member will get it out for you for a private visit.
- All dogs, cats, and rabbits must be spayed or neutered prior to going home with you.
- There is generally a 24-hour waiting period before you can pick up your new pet. This allows us to have the animal seen by our veterinarian and bathed before it goes home. Sometimes the waiting period is a day or two longer depending on our surgery schedule and approval of your application.
- We require landlord approval for the pet if you rent your home.
- We ask that all new owners take their pets to their veterinarian within 10 days of adoption to ensure the animal is healthy and to begin a relationship with their veterinarian.
- New owners must follow through with rabies vaccine and registration at their own veterinarian or low cost clinic.