Learn with Peoria County - Adult Community Programs
Peoria County Government is pleased to offer “Learn with Peoria County” educational presentations taking place at area libraries, Illinois Central College’s North Campus, and County facilities.
Peoria County employs experts in fields such as law enforcement, personal health and safety, emergency preparedness, recycling and sustainability, the tax cycle, and more. During these free speaking events, staff members will share knowledge in their fields of expertise, and participants will have the opportunity to ask questions.
These educational presentations are for participants 18 years of age and older. All presentations are free, and registration may be required; please see individual event descriptions for more information on registration requirements.
If you would like to arrange for a Peoria County staff member to speak at your organization, group meeting, or place of business, please contact Gretchen Pearsall, Peoria County Director of Strategic Communications, at (309) 672-6918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn with Peoria County: Safety & Preparedness Series at Chillicothe Public Library
All presentations will be from 6-8 p.m. Registration is encouraged. To register online, please click here: Online Registration Form
- April 2 – Situational Awareness: A Life Safety Skill with Capt. Doug Gaa
- April 9 – Are You Prepared?: Disaster and Emergency Preparedness with Jason Marks
- April 23 – Personal Safety: Don’t Become a Victim with Aimee Shinall
- May 7 – Cyber Safety: Staying Safe on the Internet with Detective Scott Gamboe
2019 Learn with Peoria County Speaker Presentations
These free drop-in presentations are for participants 18 years of age or older.
- March 19, 6-8 p.m. – Situational Awareness: A Life Safety Skill with Capt. Doug Gaa at Lillie M Evans Library in Princeville
- This is a drop-in event; registration is not required.